Translating a foreign language site in Safari to your iPhone is not an easy exercise for users who are new to iOS. In contrast to other browsers, Safari does not have any built-in functions for translation. However, you can take advantage of the free Safari extensions and make translating a foreign language website into English a breeze.
One of the best Safari extensions for translation is the Microsoft Translator extension. It’s free to use too!
- Tips and tricks for our top iPhone Safari tabs
- How To Remove A Website From Safari’s “Never Save” Password Setting
- Why is my Safari browser on iPad or iPhone so slow or crashing?
- Safari doesn’t work? How to fix your problems
How to set up Safari with this extension and start translating all websites to make reading easier.
Steps to translate a website in Safari on iPhone
- Open the App Store and search for Microsoft translator App on your iPhone.
- Install the app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the foreign language website in Safari.
- Touch the share and chooseMore.‘
- Do this … translator Option here.
- This will insert the translator function into Safari and you can now translate.
- Open a foreign language website and tapshare‘Button.
- Tap on translator from the options.
This action immediately translates the website opened in Safari into English. You can also see the status of the translation at the top of the page.
Translate the website into a language other than English
Yes. You can absolutely set a preferred language for your Safari translations if you use Microsoft Translator on your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how to set up the default translation language.
- Tap on Microsoft translator App on the home screen of your device.
- Touch the the settings Icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- Scroll down to languages Section.
- Tap on Safari translation language and choose the default language.
Other notable translation features from Microsoft Translate
Microsoft Translator is a nifty app with lots of features that allow more features than just translating a Safari website.
With the app you can translate text and images even when you are not connected to the internet. You have to set up the offline languages on the Internet languages Frame.
Microsoft Translator also offers you functions for translating language into another language.
Do you have a menu that you cannot understand on international trips? No problem. With the app you can translate pictures / photos into English.
Tap on the integrated translation camera function in the app to get started. This function allows you to easily translate a photo or picture from another language into English or one of the other languages provided in the app.
This free app from Microsoft does a lot when it comes to translating on your iPhone or iPad. Just try it out and let us know if you have any questions. To do this, use the comments below.